Welcome!

I have been a vinyl nut ever since my dad showed me how to play his Technics record player many years ago. I have also been a woodworking nut ever since my grandfather showed my how to use his bandsaw when I was five. That being said I would like to welcome you to my blog: Engrained Audio. I will be posting both DIY audio projects I find on the web and some projects of my own. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stylish Acoustic iPhone Amplifier

This is a very stylish DIY build, again where the builder found a way to bypass a high cost of an original product, and built himself a very comparable version shown here. Noel Davis saw the $1000 price tag of the iVictrola iPhone and iPad acoustic amplifiers, pictured below, and decided to design his own using his school's laser cutter and some high grade plywood. 
Although the original is definitely very cool, especially since all of the horns on each one are different since they are found antiques, having Noel's plywood version on your desk would definitely work great as a conversation starter. To be honest, the work alone that would go into building the plywood version is definitely much more impressive than just finding a horn and sticking it onto a piece of wood, which is all the iVictrola basically is. Oh how I wish I had access to a laser cutter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment