Welcome!

I have been a vinyl nut ever since my dad showed me how to play his Technics record player many years ago. I have also been a woodworking nut ever since my grandfather showed my how to use his bandsaw when I was five. That being said I would like to welcome you to my blog: Engrained Audio. I will be posting both DIY audio projects I find on the web and some projects of my own. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Elegant Natural Porcelain Speakers

These are definitely not your typical speakers. When I came across these speakers I was amazed that anyone would even think to use porcelain as the speaker case. What the builder claims is that with the porcelain you get a certain resonance from the speaker that makes it sound like an acoustic performance is occurring right in front of you. That would definitely be something that I would like to experience myself. 

From the picture above you can see that plenty of handiwork must go in to building these very interesting speakers. It goes without saying that these speakers definitely have a great look about them, as they are a design that I have never seen before. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of these to see what they are all about. You can see a write up about these speakers here along with a video of how these are put together.


1 comment:

  1. Headphone amplifier Frigate http://www.augustica.com/frigate-c-9_10/headphone-amplifier-frigate-trident-no-transformers-p-4

    ReplyDelete